A craft and design art space located in a traditional market
The Sindang Creativity Arcade is a space for craft and design opened in 2009 located under the Jungang Market in Seoul. It provides a variety of programs that support creative activities of resident artists and the project linked with the market, building an infrastructure network for a broad range of exchanges focusing on neighboring areas including Dongdaemun and Eulji-ro. It supports various activities of resident artists with spaces such as 38 workshops and coworking spaces, an art market, a community room, and a photo studio.
Info on Artist-in-Residence Program
- Disciplines: crafts (ceramics, metal, textile, etc.) and others (design)
- Period: 1 year or below
- Benefits: one independent art studio, access to shared space and equipment, participation in creation support programs(craft arts fair/exhibition, capacity building programs), product development support programs.
- Application: Invitation notices are posted at the Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture (SFAC) website.
- List of facilities 32 art studios, shared space (open workshop, photo studio, lounge, arts market, community room, etc.), and shared equipments (electric kiln, milling lathe, industrial sewing machine, etc.)
- 87 Majang-ro Sindang Underground Shopping Center, Jung-gu, Seoul
For more information, call
- +82-2-2232-8833(8834 or 8835)